Players will need to embark on an epic questline to obtain and upgrade this powerful weapon.
Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest is a legendary offensive caster staff, with bonuses that are not particularly attractive to healers.
It is rewarded by an epic questline that challenges those daring enough to complete it. The great staff duplicates destructive magics, and also bestows upon its wielder the ability to transform into a member of the Blue Dragonflight. Those who complete the staff won’t be the only ones to receive a reward, though. As this task requires the dedication of an entire guild, upon completion of the staff all guild members will receive a unique non-combat pet to call their own.
The staff is named after Tarecgosa, the blue dragon that gave her body to protect Kalecgos and to see the Blue dragonflight's new aspect debate come to an end. Her essence resides within the staff.
The spell duplication mechanic is unique to this staff and exhibits several interesting synergies with class mechanics.
- There is no ICD.
- The duplicated spell is independent of its source spell. The source spell may crit while the duplicate hits or vice versa.
- If the staff duplicates a DoT-tick, the exact amount of damage is dealt by the spell 'Wrath of Tarecgosa' as arcane damage. This spell will not hit critically.
- Duplicated spells behave as if you did cast them. They are subject to the same talents, buffs, debuffs and other conditions. They can also trigger other procs except the spell duplication from the staff itself.
- Certain proc spells can be duplicated, like the lightning bolt from the [Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor].
- Duplicated spells are cast at the target which received the source spell that triggered the proc regardless of Line of Sight.
- AoE spells like [Flamestrike] can be duplicated in which case the duplicated [Flamestrike] will be cast exactly at the position of the mob whose hit triggered the proc.
- Channeled spells like [Arcane Missiles] will gain an additional tick when a duplication is triggered.
-  Your Time Has Come
-  A Legendary Engagement
-  A Wrinkle in Time
-  All-Seeing Eye
-  On a Wing and a Prayer
-  Through a Glass, Darkly
-  Actionable Intelligence
-  Delegation
-  Nordrassil's Bough
-  Emergency Extraction
-  At One
-  Time Grows Short
-  Alignment
- [85R] Heart of Flame
-  The Stuff of Legends
- During the 2010 Blizzcon Quest & Lore panel, someone asked for another legendary caster item. After a small discussion he said a staff would make him happy, to which the Development Team responded that it would be done. Six months later, Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest was announced.
- On the 5th of April 2011, Ask the Devs #4: Weapons and Armor it was stated that the acquisition rate of the Legendary would be 2 to 2.5 times faster in 25 man raids than in 10 man raids. However an interview with Cory Stockton on 28 April 2011, it was said that the both 10 and 25 man raiders should be completing the staff at the same pace, with 25 man teams having a potentially quicker time with the "professions" part of the quest. It has since been confirmed by the drop rate of in game quest items that Blizzard has kept the aquisition rate of 2 to 2.5 times faster in 25 mans with approximately double the number of drops of quest specific items in 25 man, indicating that the information in the interview was either incorrect or changed.
- The world first was achieved on 10/08/2011 by Siiz <Premonition> of Sen'jin US.
- While carrying the staff the emote The warm embrace of Tarecgosa's presence encircles you. will sporadically appear. Simultaneously, Tarecgosa whispers one of the following sentences to the player:
- I am with you, always.
- You are a treasure to Azeroth.
- Your deeds will live on forever in the memory of the Blue Dragonflight.
- Fight on! Hope shines through even the most utter darkness.
- Never give up!
- You are a master of the arcane, but never allow it to have mastery over you.
- Your power is great, but you are destined for even greater.
- Keep your mind and heart clear.
- Once the staff is completed, Blue Drakes will appear hovering above Stormwind and Orgrimmar. When spoken to, they will reply with the following:
- Yes, mortal?
What occasion brings you to our home town, drake?
- Kalecgos has been chosen as the new aspect for the blue dragonflight.
- One among you was instrumental in thwarting Arygos's betrayal to Deathwing, thereby averting a terrible crisis.
- We are here to partake in the celebration of their heroic deeds.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): The chance for this item’s effect to be triggered has been reduced.
- Hotfix (2011-09-08): "
- The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer ignore cooldowns when a clone spell procs.
- The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer trigger melee procs from trinkets and other effects."
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.