Divine Protection is an instant cast protection spell that reduces all magical damage taken by the paladin by 40% for 10 seconds. This ability is a precursor to (trained at Level 48), which prevents any damage taken by the Paladin, but in return, reduces all damage dealt by 50%.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-05-24): "Divine Protection should now be usable while stunned."
- Hotfix (2013-05-21): "Divine Protection should now be usable while stunned."
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now usable while stunned.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer reduced physical damage taken. Magical damage reduction increased from 20% to 40%.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): , and Divine Protection have new icons.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Divine Protection can no longer be dispelled.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Divine Protection has had its cooldown reduced to 1 minute, mitigation reduced to 20%, and no longer causes Forbearance.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The 100% attack speed penalty has been removed.