Day of the Dead
|Day of the Dead|
|Duration||01:00 November 1 - 23:59 November 2|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Hallow's End||Pilgrim's Bounty|
Day of the Dead is a world event that occurs immediately after Hallow's End, on 1st to 2nd of November. This is the same time as the real-world Day of the Dead. It takes place in the Graveyards your race's major city, or in the neutral locations of Shattrath or Dalaran. Day of the Dead made its debut in 2009.
- During the Day of the Dead, the people of Azeroth gather in graveyards to celebrate and cherish the spirits of those they have lost. One can find the festivities in the cemeteries of any major city where celebrants cook, drink, don costumes and more.
- Can you feel it? The spirit world draws close during the Day of the Dead. This is why we decorate the graves of our dearly departed with flowers and candles and offerings: to welcome them back, even if only for a time.
Things to do
Get a Macabre Marionette Pet
Buy some and and go to the graveyard of your character's home city, (e.g. Darnassus for the night elves - see list below), or the neutral cities of Shattrath City or Dalaran. Complete the . Do this by:
- buying the for and an or a
- creating the bread at the Ghostly Fire next to
- Use the marigolds to see the Cheerful Spirit quest giver.
A companion-like skeleton with a Sombrero on, the is available as a reward. As a holiday pet, the Macabre Marionette works similar to the Broom sticks of Hallow's End, or old style companions which lacked the ability to be learnt as a spell. As such they take up one bag space, and do not count towards any of the pet achievements.
It is meant to only last the duration of Day of the Dead, but in 2009 a bug in the items code caused them to either disappear early, or last past the end of the holiday. One week later, a hot fix removed any Macabre Marionettes still in player's inventory. It is interesting to note that unlike most pets the Macabre's level will always be that of your character's.
Level low cooking skill
Finding graveyard locations
- Ironforge - Graveyard can be found to the east of the entrance up a small hill.
- Stormwind - Graveyard can be found at the North end of the Stormwind Graveyard, just behind the Cathedral.
- Darnassus - Graveyard located to the right when entering the city from Dolanaar, near Craftsman's Terrace.
- Exodar - Graveyard is just south of Azure Watch.
- Silvermoon City - Going from Silvermoon go west past The Dead Scar before you get to Falcon Square.
- Thunder Bluff - Graveyard can be found right next to the north lift of the Middle Rise
- Orgrimmar - Can be found left of the road heading south right past the boar farm.
- Undercity - Graveyard is located inside the courtyard of the city right across from the chamber for the Orb of Translocation
Racial home city graveyards
|Race||Home city||Graveyard location|
|Ironforge dwarf||Ironforge||Dun Morogh|
|Human||Stormwind City||Stormwind City|
|Blood elf||Silvermoon City||Eversong Woods|
Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Added.
- ^ http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basics/events/dayofthedead/ Day of the Dead