|Auchenai Crypts loading graphic|
|Location||Auchindoun, Terokkar Forest|
|End boss||Exarch Maladaar|
|Associated faction||Lower City|
|Auchenai Crypts (5)|
|Sethekk Halls (5)|
|Shadow Labyrinth (5)|
Auchenai Crypts is the main seat of power for the Auchenai - a renegade religious sect of draenei led by the Exarch Maladaar. The crypts are populated by these draenei and the unliving creatures they have summoned. The most important remains interred within the crypt are those of D'ore, one of the naaru. D'ore perished in the collision that brought Oshu'gun (and the draenei) to Draenor. In death, D'ore entered its void stage. The dark energies exuded by this phenomenon resulted, directly or indirectly, in the evils that have since befallen the crypts and indeed, all of Auchindoun. It is a wing of the Auchindoun instance. Its entrance can be found to the west of the Ring of Observance.
- Main article: Auchindoun
The original exiles on Draenor found death to be an unsettling and unfortunate consequence of life, and so the draenei hid their dead away in the subterranean grave-city of Auchindoun, a labyrinthine marvel located beneath the forests of Terokkar.
It is said that long ago, a shadowy cult invaded Auchindoun. In its depths, the cult released an immensely powerful, malevolent being from arcane captivity, blasting the decrepit city apart. Any adventurers brave enough to enter the abandoned, bone-littered remains of Auchindoun would do well to remember the warning of the city's original guardians, the Auchenai: those who do not respect the dead...... may become entombed along with them.
|Bridge of Souls · Crypt of Remembrance · Chamber of the Restless · Halls of the Hereafter|
Pulls in the Crypts present a unique challenge for a few reasons.
- All humanoid elite draenei will spawn a random non-elite ghost draenei when aggroed, even if the elite has been crowd controlled. Note that Mind Controlling these draenei as a first strike won't spawn a ghost until the mind control is broken.
- There is a special type of patrol in here that is impossible to track. Phasing Clerics, Soldiers, Sorcerers and Stalkers will occasionally spawn at point a, walk to point b and despawn, only to respawn at point a in the near future. They are now neutral and will not attack unless aggroed first.
- The bridge prior to the Dead Watcher is full of danger. There are the Raging Souls; invisible pathing ghosts which will approach the party, show themselves, and begin casting an AoE knockback spell. The knockback does no damage on its own, but the walls at the edges of the bridge are frighteningly short. Likewise the Auchenai Monks have a quick whirlwind attack with a small knockback component. While doing anything on the bridge, make sure everybody watches their step.
The mobs in the Auchenai Crypts are mostly humanoid, undead draenei and skeletons. An average pull will consist of two or three draenei, with two to four undead non-elites joining the fight. There are many wandering non-elite undead in this instance, which in many cases can be avoided.
- Main article: Auchenai Crypts loot
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): New quests added.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Creatures here will no longer occasionally drop aquatic-oriented items, Fish Scales, etc.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.