- "My blade is guided by the Light. Your hostility has not gone unnoticed."
- Sunwalker Nahano
Crusader Strike is a core paladin ability. It is an instant weapon strike that grants a charge of holy power, can activate procs, and counts as a single-target melee attack for purposes of the paladin's active seal. This ability is a melee special ability, not an actual spell, and therefore it is not affected by or spell school locking abilities (the others being and ). Like other strikes, however, it does not work with any effects on. All damage dealt by the attack is physical.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Weapon damage reduced from 135% to 125%. Bonus damage added.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Crusader Strike weapon damage percent has been increased to 135%, up from 115%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12):
- Now available to all paladins at level 1.
- Damage increased to 120% weapon damage. The cooldown is now 4.5 seconds. 1 Holy Power point is granted when your character is at least level 9.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Damage reduced to 75% weapon damage to match the new 4-second cooldown. Mana cost reduced to 5% of base mana.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): No longer refreshes judgements.
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): Now causes 110% of weapon damage and no longer gains any bonus from spell damage.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Cooldown reduced from 10 to 6 seconds.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added as a talented ability in the Retribution tree.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Removed.