Corla, Herald of Twilight
|This article or section is a strategy stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Corla, Herald of Twilight
|Level||82 - 87 (heroic) Elite|
Formerly an accomplished Kirin Tor mage, Corla now serves the Twilight's Hammer with unwavering devotion. She blesses fellow zealots by harnessing nether dragon essences to transform these believers into menacing twilight drakonid.
- Aura of Acceleration: Friendly creatures near Corla are accelerated, increasing their movement by 50% and attack speed by 100%.
- Dark Command: Issues a dark command, causing the targeted enemy to flee in terror for 4 sec and inflicting 28000 Shadow damage over the duration.
Evolved Twilight Zealots
- Blood of the Evolved: The blood of the Evolved Twilight Zealot coats your weapons, granting a 30% chance to deal additional 2975 to 4025 Physical damage when your bleed effects damage an enemy.
- Force Blast: Inflicts 6300 to 7700 Physical damage to an enemy, knocking it down.
- Gravity Strike: Inflicts damage equal to 70% of an enemy's current health and briefly reduces its Attack Power by 1000.
- Grievous Whirl: A vicious attack that deals 7125 to 7875 Physical damage and causes the target to bleed profusely until fully healed. Deals 750 damage every 2 seconds until healed.
- Shadow Strike: Step through the shadows to appear behind an enemy target and strike for 35000 Shadow damage.
Corla is surrounded by 2 Twilight Zealots (heroic: 3). When the fight starts, the zealots will be inactive, but will begin gaining stacks of Evolution. If a zealot reaches 100 stacks, it will transform into an Evolved Twilight Zealot, which attacks normally and deals high damage.
The key to the fight is preventing these transformations. Each zealot has a purple beam connecting it to the nether drake at the top of the room. If a player stands in that beam, he will 'steal' its effect; the zealot will stop gaining Evolution, and the player will get it instead. If a player reaches 100 stacks, he will transform and become mind-controlled, likely wiping the group.
Evolution has a 15 second duration, and takes 20 seconds to reach 100 stacks. This means that a single player can trade the beam back and forth with an assigned zealot every 15 to 20 seconds without either of them evolving. On heroic mode it is necessary to do this to all 3 zealots for the entire fight, as a zealot evolving tends to be disastrous. On normal mode, however, some groups find it easier to alternate 2-3 players in one beam while letting the other zealot evolve, killing it, and returning to the boss. On heroic mode, since three players are necessary, and there aren't enough players to keep all of the beams under control, a good rule of thumb is to sit in the beam until you have around 70-80 stacks, jump out of the beam and wait for the debuff to wear off before jumping back in the beam. Rinse and repeat as needed.
The last problem is that Corla periodically fears a random player using Dark Command. Dark Command is a 2-second cast and must be interrupted, since a player stepping out of his beam at the wrong time will likely result in an evolution. If a player does get feared away, one of the players who weren't on a beam before must take his place until his stacks clear.
- HERETICS! You will suffer for this interruption!
- Evolved Zealot or Player
- Bask in his power! Rise as an agent of the master's rage!
- Killing a player
- There is only one true path of enlightenment! DEATH!
- For the master I die a thousand times... A thousan...
- Hotfix (2010-12-08): "Corla will now always drop an item and the Red Winter Hat does not replace her regular loot drop. It's because she cares."
In case the boss becomes too much of a problem to kill, jumping down the ramp to the left allows the group to pass the boss, however you will lose out on loot (and 70 Justice Points on heroic mode). It could be argued however that it's better to have a chance on more Justice Points from later bosses. (If you use this technique Raz the crazed might not spawn to kill the Evolved Zealots on the next bridge, needs confirmation for 4.0.6).