Chakras are a set of Holy priest abilities, available at level 56.
Chakras are mutually exclusive - only one can be active at a time. Each provides substantial improvements to a different area of the priest's abilities. In addition, each transforms into a different Holy Word, complementing the that chakra state. Each chakra is designed to help the priest to fulfil a specific role: damage-dealing, multiple-target and area of effect healing, and single-target healing. Chakras have a 30-second shared cooldown, but are not affected by the global cooldown, and persist through death.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Chakras now persist through death and zoning. Chakra state bonuses increased.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Chakra has been split to the individual abilities , , and .
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Chakra has a new icon. Previous icon:
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Now lasts until canceled, up from 1 minute.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Chakra states now last 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.