- Druids always land on their feet.
- If a Druid equips and transforms into Cat form, they will appear as a flaming cat (the same model that Staghelm transforms into during his boss fight).
- Cat Form has an arsenal of difficult-to-remove physical DoTs which can be used to tear casters apart in PvP.
- In addition to , Cat Form druids can also learn , making them perfect for PvP ambushes.
- If specced into Feral, and are often considered essential.
- Speed increase does not stack with that of .
- When a druid shapeshifts into a mighty cat, they are composed of specific categories of feline. For example, the night elven cat form closely resembles a panther, while the troll cat form seems to be a tiger by the stripes on it's coat which fits the troll's jungle setting. Both the Worgen and the Tauren's cat form is a lion, recognized by their manes.
- Each race has a distinct model for its Cat Forms, and there are five different textures for each model. These textures correspond to the skin tone of Tauren druids, or the hair color of the other races. Druids can change their design at any time by visiting a barbershop and choosing a new skin tone or hair color as appropriate for their race. Since there are more hair colors and skin tones than unique textures, some colors and tones will produce the same designs. The hair and skin colors chosen will, in most cases, correspond to the colors seen in the design of each form.
Night elf Cat Forms, including the original (seen at the bottom right) that was used prior to Patch 3.2.
Tauren Cat Forms, including the original (seen at the bottom middle) that was used prior to Patch 3.2.
Troll Cat Forms.
Worgen Cat Forms.
A night elf in Cat Form in TCG.
A tauren in Cat Form in TCG.
- Patch 5.0.5 (2012-09-11): The 25% speed increase granted by Cat Form should no longer stack with the speed increase of Dash.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Available at level 6 and increases movement speed by 25%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Available at level 8 for 3 70.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
- New textures for cat models, adjustable at the barbershop.
- Mana energizes that occur while in this form will now appear in the combat log and floating combat text.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): The mana regeneration penalty when in , , and Cat Form has been removed.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): The attack power bonus from the base Cat Form will now calculate correctly on zoning or logging in.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22):
- The base weapon damage of the form has been increased.
- Each point of agility now adds 1 attack power.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12):
- Shapeshifting will now counteract the slowing effects of frost-based spells (Frostbolt, Frost Shock, Cone of Cold, etc.).
- Druid shapeshift form buttons are no longer dimmed while under the effects of Polymorph.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Shapeshifting into an animal form will now remove Polymorph effects.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): DPS increase at levels 40-60.