- Level 38 rogue ability
- 15 yd range
- 15 Energy
- 2 min cooldown
- Blinds the target, causing it to wander disoriented for up to 1 min. Any damage caused will remove the effect. Does not break stealth.
|| [Glyph of Blind]
- "Arrrghh! My eyes!"
Blind is a rogue ability, learned at level 38. It blinds the target, causing it to wander at 40% of move speed confused for up to 1 minute. This is a disorient effect. Any damage will cancel the Blind effect. Blind cancels combat (turns off auto attacks) when used.
Tips and tactics
- When fighting rogues, spamming your blind ability can give you an opportunity to break out of a stunlock.
- Blind gives opportunity to use First Aid - use it!
- Blind can now be dispelled with PvP trinket so beware of relying fully on it.
- Blind is a great way to interrupt a spellcast in the case of an emergency when your [Kick] is either on cooldown or you are too far away.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2013-03-12): "Blind should now break on damage from Frozen Orb."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now has a cooldown of 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes).
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): The cooldown of Blind has been reduced to 90 seconds, down from 3 minutes.
- Hotfix (2012-09-28): "Blind should always land as intended. Other players should not be able to dodge, block, or parry Blind."
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Duration against enemy NPCs is now 1 minute, while the duration against players remains 8 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Hotfix (2009-04-30): "Blind (Rogue) is now in the same diminishing returns category as Fear effects, but no longer shares diminishing returns with [Cyclone] (Druid)."
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Blind is now a physical (no longer a poison) attack. [Reagent] requirement removed. Now shares the same diminish category as [Cyclone] and is now diminished in PvE as well as PvP.
- Previously blind was a nature attack like poison. [Blinding Powder] is now a Grey-quality item ("vendor trash") which can sometimes be found in lockboxes obtained through Pickpocketing. There is a tooltip on the item that explains why Blind no longer needs a Reagent: "Once favored by rogues as a blinding agent, it was abandoned for more readily available resources... like dirt."