Tips and tactics
Try to use this ability at the same time as other haste effects, as any two haste effects are more effective together than individually.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Tooltip corrected to show increase in casting speed as well as attack speed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Now gives flat 20% haste. Same duration and cooldown as before. 10 seconds and 3 minutes respectively.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03):
- New functionality: Berserking is now an activated ability that increases your melee, ranged, and casting speed by 10% to 30%. The value scales upwards towards 30% depending how low your health is when you activate the ability.
- Now lasts 10 seconds.
- Now requires a small amount of mana, rage, or energy (depending on your class) to activate.
- No longer requires being struck by a critical to activate.
- Now has a three minute cooldown, up from two minutes.
- No longer has a global cooldown.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Updated tooltip to clarify ability only usable following a melee critical.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Now usable after being the target of a critical hit. Increases melee, ranged and spell casting speed by 25% but increases all damage taken by 10% for the duration.
- Patch 1.2.2 (2005-2-15): Fixed a bug with Troll Shamans and the Berserk ability. Troll Shamans can only go Berserk when they are in the wounded state.