|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
- For information on Baron Rivendare in Naxxramas, see Four Horsemen. For his original encounter in Stratholme, see Baron Rivendare (tactics).
|Character class||Death Knight|
|Affiliation||Scourge, Cult of the Damned|
|Former affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Lordaeron|
|Occupation||Leader of the Scourge in Stratholme (formerly), leader of the Four Horsemen|
|Location||Acherus: The Ebon Hold and Crypt of Remembrance, Scarlet Enclave; The Horsemen's Assembly, Naxxramas|
|Status||Deceased (lore), Killable|
|Relative(s)||Aurius Rivendare (son)|
|Companion(s)||Deathcharger (skeletal horse mount)|
Baron Rivendare is a powerful death knight in the service of the Lich King. Originally ruling over the city of Stratholme for the Scourge, he now leads the Four Horsemen of Naxxramas in place of Highlord Mograine.
|This article or section is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
He coordinated the efforts of the Lich King in the Plaguelands, and battled with agents of the Argent Dawn sent to Stratholme to kill him. He was later part of the invasion of the Scarlet Enclave and eventually became the leader of the Four Horsemen in Naxxramas.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Rivendare appears in the instanced version of Acherus: The Ebon Hold next to Highlord Darion Mograine. While passing the death knight quest line the Baron changes his location and can be found in the Crypt of Remembrance. He gives the quest  .
He also appears in the 10 and 25-man versions of Naxxramas, replacing Alexandros Mograine as the leader of the Four Horsemen. As he was killed and beheaded by players at the behest of the Argent Dawn in the quest [60D] , it is unclear how he had returned. It can be speculated that it was the Lich King's doing.
In the RPG
Once a wealthy human landowner, the plague corrupted Rivendare and he pledged himself as a death knight. Rivendare’s duty is to round up and murder any human survivors he can find, and he and his patrols do just that.
Once, Baron Rivendare was a wealthy Lordaeron landowner and a friend of Kel'Thuzad. He fell under the necromancer’s sway and helped build and structure the Cult of the Damned. Rivendare then achieved the title and powers of a death knight. Now, Rivendare has his base in Stratholme. He serves Kel'Thuzad eagerly and exults in his power. One of his greatest joys is to instill corruption in others, especially paladins, and most especially members of the Argent Dawn. This knight is a regal figure — his face is pale but aristocratic, and white hair hangs to his shoulders, while a scarf covers his face. He crouches over a horned, skeletal steed, and purple runes glitter across his black armor, cloak, and runeblade. Baron Rivendare excels at melee combat (especially mounted warfare) and he knows it. At the earliest possible moment, he charges, whether afoot or mounted on his skeletal horse, Deathcharger. Then the baron unleashes the dreadful power of his runeblade. He prefers to fight with created undead to support him, and he uses death pact on these to recover hit points. Rivendare enjoys testing his mettle against fellow close combat specialists, but strikes at arcanists and healers if they prove bothersome.
- It is possible, that when Father Inigo Montoy took Kel'Thuzad's Phylactery he also took the head of Baron Rivendare. This would explain why the Baron is alive in Naxxramas and furthermore, why he is the leader of the four horsemen.
- There also exists a theory that the Rivendare in Scarlet Enclave and Naxxramas is not the real Rivendare, but an impostor, based on the text in the book On Stratholme.
In the Scarlet Enclave
<Rivendare shakes his head.>
I am convinced that they are a unique lot amongst the humans. My theory is that they lack higher brain function, unable to logically assess a situation and calculate an outcome. One has only to make mention of the Light to get them frothing and battle ready - at which point they will rush headlong into any engagement with complete disregard for their own well being.
Taunting the Crusaders
- The Scourge will consume you!
- Lambs to the slaughter...
- Concentrate your attacks on the weak!
Baron Rivendare from Monster Guide.
- The Model Viewer has him listed on one model as Baron Titus Rivendare, suggesting that Titus is his first name.
- He's voiced by Jamieson Price.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed from Stratholme
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now appears as one of the Four Horsemen in Naxxramas.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): You will now be able to make additional attempts at Baron Rivendare should your initial attempt fail.
|Ebon Hold||Crypt of Remembrance||Death's Breach|
Ruler of Stratholme
Lord Aurius Rivendare
Leader of the Four Horsemen