|Race||Elemental ascendant (Elemental)|
|Location||Bastion of Twilight|
They are Twilight's Hammer members who have ascended and become elementals. The world first heroic kill was by Paragon (25 person) on 2 January 2011.
The Ascendant Council is a three phase council fight. During the first phase, you fight Feludius and Ignacious - water and fire ascendants. During the second phase, you face Arion and Terrastra - air and earth ascendants respectively. During the last phase, you must defeat all four, as they merge together into an Elementium Monstrosity.
As the most powerful Twilight's Hammer cultists to be twisted into elemental beings, the Ascendant Council members have long forgotten their existences as mere mortals. From their wicked sanctum, they oversee the selection of new ascension candidates.
- Heart of Ice — An icy cold grips the target's heart, dealing increasing Frost damage every 2 sec (2,000/4,000/8,000 etc). Magic dispellable. If the target comes in contact with other allies, however, they are empowered with Frost energy. Frost Imbued players deal additional damage to Ignacious.
- Hydrolance — Deals 45000 to 55000 Frost damage to a random target.
- Waterbomb — Inflicts 9750 to 10250 frost damage to enemies within 6 yards, applying the Waterlogged debuff.
- Waterlogged — Soaks an enemy with icy water, reducing movement speed by 25%. While soaked, enemies are susceptible to certain Frost-based attacks. Exposure to flame can remove this effect.
- Glaciate — Deals massive Frost damage to any nearby enemies, with damage decreasing with distance from the caster. Any enemies who are waterlogged will have the blood in their veins frozen.
- Frozen Blood — Freezes a waterlogged enemy solid, stunning and dealing 20000 Frost damage every 2 sec for 10 sec.
Heroic Mode only
- Frost Beacon — Marks the target for pursuit by a Frozen Orb. When the Frozen Orb reaches its target or a minute passes it will cast Glaciate as the spell above.
- Burning Blood — Deals increasing Fire damage to an enemy every 2 sec (2,000/4,000/8,000 etc). Magic dispellable. Nearby allies are empowered with fire energy each tick however. Fire imbued players deal additional damage to Feludius.
- Aegis of Flame — Surrounds the caster with a radiant shield of flame, absorbing 1,000,000 damage and preventing spell interruption while active.
- Flame Torrent — Inflicts 36075 to 41925 Fire damage every 1 sec for 3 sec in a 18 yard cone in front of the caster.
- Inferno Leap — Leaps at an enemy, inflicting 23125 to 26875 Fire damage and knocking all nearby enemies away.
- Inferno Rush — Ignacious rushes back to his primary aggro target leaving a trail of flames. The flame trail will inflict 4625 to 5375 Fire damage every 0.5 sec and remove Waterlogged.
- Rising Flames — Cast immediately after Aegis of Flame. Deals increasing Fire damage to every player in the room over time until interrupted.
- Call Winds — Focuses and agitates the nearby air into a violent cyclone. Entering the Cyclone will cause 7,000 nature damage and give the player the swirling winds debuff which levitates the player into the air.
- Lightning Rod — Marks an enemy to attract electrical attacks. Arion will cast his Chain Lightning at this player.
- Chain Lightning — Fires a blast of lightning at enemies who have been attuned to attract electricity, dealing 9500 to 10500 Nature damage and bouncing to additional nearby targets.
- Disperse — The caster dissolves into swirling wind and materializes elsewhere in the room.
- Lightning Blast — Blasts an enemy with concentrated lightning, inflicting 72000 to 88000 Nature damage. Cast on Arion's tank immediately after Disperse.
- Thundershock — Deals 146250 to 153750 Nature damage to all nearby enemies. Less effective against grounded targets. More effective against airborne targets.
Heroic Mode Only
- Static Overload — Charges an enemy with energy that electrifies nearby allies, causing them to suffer 6475 to 7525 Nature damage every 2 sec for 10 sec. Powerful gravitational fields can cause this energy to dissipate harmlessly.
- Gravity Well — Creates a Gravity Well that firmly connects nearby players to the earth, granting resistance to some powerful electrical attacks. Lasts 2 min or until another force lifts the target from the ground.
- Harden Skin — The caster's skin hardens into solid rock, increasing Physical damage dealt by 100% and absorbing 50% of all damage taken, up to 650000. If the caster suffers enough damage, this barrier will shatter, grievously wounding the caster.
- Eruption — Fires a spike through the floor, impaling all targets within 4 yards, dealing 47125 to 52875 damage and knocking them up in the air. This attack ignores armor.
- Quake — Sends massive shockwaves through the earth, dealing 146250 to 153750 damage to all enemies who are in contact with the ground. More effective against (gravity well) grounded targets. (Note Priest levitate will NOT help you.)
Heroic Mode Only
- Gravity Core — Applied on entering a Gravity Well. Crushes an enemy with intense gravitational force, inflicting 10000 Physical damage every 2sec for 10 sec. While the target is affected, the gravitational field periodically hinders the movement and actions of nearby allies.
- Lava Seed — Showers the surrounding area with kernels of pure Flame energy, each of which erupts to deal 35000 to 45000 Fire damage to nearby enemies as Lava Plume
- Liquid Ice — The Monstrosity is preturnaturally cold, freezing the ground beneath it. The pools of ice will grow with continued exposure to the Monstrosity, dealing increasing Frost damage to enemies exposed to them. Essentially this ability is Defile from the Lich King but expands when the boss stands in it, rather than players.
- Electric Instability — Constant nature damage to random raid members, increasing in intensity the longer the Elementium Monstrosity is alive. Overloaded with raw lightning energy, the caster zaps nearby enemies for 5655 to 6345 Nature damage, chaining to nearby targets. Functions identically to Entropius' Negative Energy in Sunwell Plateau.
- Gravity Crush — Traps an enemy in a gravity bubble, lifting them off the ground and crushing them for 10% of their maximum health every 0.5 sec for 6 sec. When the effect ends, the target will be left to fall to the ground.
The first phase pits players against Feludius (ice) and Ignacious (fire) while the others watch from the balcony. It lasts until one of the elementals reaches 25% health. For the first phase, put ranged DPS on Feludius, melee DPS on Ignacious and take them down together. Because the Elementium Monstrosity's hitpoints in phase three depend on how much health the individual elementals had before they despawned, it is ideal to get both Feludius and Ignacious down to 25%.
Heart of Ice is a magic debuff by Feludius that causes nearby players to deal additional damage to Ingacious. Burning Blood is the same kind of debuff cast by Ignacious that causes nearby players to deal additional damage to Feludius. It's debatable whether to move to the groups of players that are assigned to one boss, or to dispel the debuff.
After Ignacius has cast Inferno Leap (similar to Rajh in Halls of Origination) he will move to the tank and leave a trail of fire. Players should move to the fire to remove the Waterlogged debuff, or they will be stunned and take significant damage when Feludius cast Frozen Blood.
Calling out when Ignacius is about to cast Aegis of Flame is important since the raid will need to focus DPS at that time. If the DPS is focused enough, the Aegis will be brought down before the fire AoE causes too much damage from Rising Flames.
Now Arion (wind) and Terrastra (earth) will come in. Once again, split DPS with ranged on Arion and melee on Terrastra, and try to get them both down to 25% at the same time.
When the phase starts players should be on the lookout for the black tornadoes that spawn - these should not be confused with the Gravity Well that causes players to be grounded. When players have touched the tornado they get Swirling Winds, which will make players avoid the Quake ability by Terrastra that causes about 100k damage. After Quake has been cast, players should move to the Gravity Well to make them Grounded. This will make players immune to the Thundershock ability by Arion, causing about 100k damage.
Once the elementals combine into the Elementium Monstrosity, it will have the combined HP of whatever the four individual mobs had when they despawned. Although Elementium Monstrosity is a tank and spank, the damage from its Electric Instability ability increases with time, hence it is easier if the previous bosses were kept as close to 25% health as possible.
- yells: Brothers of Twilight! The Hammer calls to you! (Fire water earth air). Leave your mortal shell behind. (Fire water earth air). Embrace your new forms for here and everafter! (Burn and drown and crush and suffocate). And use your gifts to destroy the unbelievers. (Burn and drown and crush and suffocate)!!
- Feludius yells: You dare invade our lord's sanctum?
- Ignacious yells: You will die for your insolence!
- Phase 2
- Arion yells: Enough of this foolishness!
- Terrastra yells: We will handle them!
- Phase 3
- Arion yells: An impressive display...
- Terrastra yells: To have made it this far.
- Feludius yells: But now witness true power...
- Ignacious yells: The fury of the elements!
- Elementium Monstrosity yells: BEHOLD YOUR DOOM!
- Casting Glaciate
- I will freeze the blood in your veins!
- Killing a player
- Casting Rising Flames
- Killing a player
- More fuel for the fire!
- Thundershock Incoming
- The air around you crackles with energy...
- Casting Call Winds
- Wind, hear my call!
- Killing a player
- Merely a whisper in the wind...
- Quake Incoming
- The ground beneath you rumbles ominously...
- Casting Quake
- The earth will devour you!
- Killing a player
- The soil welcomes your bones!
- Gravity Crush
- FEEL THE POWER!
- Killing a player
World first heroic kill on 25-man achieved 2.1.2011 by DREAM Paragon of Lightining's Blade Europe.
- Vagrant Corps, "Elementary" achievement - 1080p
- Cause and Effct, on screen guide, voice chat, low in game sound
- MrGelowe Post Patch 4.2
- Hotfix (2011-01-18): "The hotfix on January 5 to increase the damage of Liquid Ice during phase 3 of the Ascendant Council fight has been reverted. Due to a separate bug with the size of the Elementium Monstrosity's hitbox, it is often impossible for melee classes to avoid damage from this ability. This issue is slated to be addressed in patch 4.0.6 so that Liquid Ice damage can again be increased."
- Hotfix (2011-01-05): "
- Liquid Ice in phase 3 of the Ascendant Council encounter now deals more damage.
- The damaging component of Eruption no longer interrupts Terrastra when casting Harden Skin or Quake."
- Hotfix (2011-01-03): "
- It was sometimes possible for Arion to instantly Chain Lightning the targets affected by Lightning Rod, with no time for them to react. This has been corrected.
- If one of the three most distant targets from Ignacious was 20 or fewer yards away and Ignacious picked that target for Inferno Leap, the spell would fail entirely, but the cooldown would be consumed. Inferno Leap can now be cast on players 20 yards or fewer away from Ignacious.
- The Elementium Monstrosity will now prefer ranged targets to melee targets with its Electrical Instability beams. If there are more beams active then there are ranged targets present, then the beams will start hitting melee targets."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.