|Race||Storm dragon (Dragonkin)|
|Level||83 - 87 Elite|
|Location||Nimbus Rise, Vortex Pinnacle|
The immense storm wyrm Altairus maintains an unyielding vigil over the hovering platforms of the Vortex Pinnacle. The very energies of the storms pulse through this being, and he is said to command the wind currents that buffet the elemental fortress.
- Chilling Breath (Heroic mode) 80 yd range — Inflicts 25500 to 34500 (47500 to 52500) Frost damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster. 2 sec cast.
- Lightning Blast (Heroic mode) 50000 yd range — Strikes an enemy with a blast of lightning, inflicting 55500 to 64500 (83250 to 96750) Nature damage. 1 sec cast.
- Call the Wind 50000 yd range — Summons strong winds to impede players.
- Upwind of Altairus — Standing upwind of Altairus makes it easier to attack and cast spells. Attack and casting speeds are increased by 100%. Movement speed is increased by 30%.
- Downwind of Altairus — Standing downwind of Altairus makes it difficult to attack and cast spells. Attack and casting speeds are reduced by 100%. Movement speed is reduced by 30%.
- Altairus only casts Lightning Blast at players that attempt to leave the platform.
- Wind flows on the platform of Altairus: all dps and healer should stay upwind of the boss in
order to gain the Upwind of Altairus buff and avoid the negative Downwind debuff.
- Tank will need to stand Downwind from the boss in order for melee dps to receive the buff. If there are no melee, however, it is possible for tank to stay Upwind too.
- Altairus will randomly change the direction of the wind; everyone needs to adjust their positions accordingly to stay upwind of the boss.
- Rogues are extremely powerful against Altairus, energy regeneration increases with attack speed, with and other buffs, the Rogue has a practically unlimited energy pool and can easily double thier DPS. also prevents the fall damage from the tornadoes.
- Fast moving tornadoes called Twisting Winds are all over the platform. You must avoid them: if you get caught up in one you will take about 12,000 Nature damage and get knocked up and away, possibly off the platform. When you land you will take fall damage.
- He will not only frost breath the primary target, he will turn and target a random group member and breath on them, hitting anyone in that direction.
- Everyone stand in the hitbox and move as needed to get the buff.
- The tank needs to focus first on avoiding the tornadoes, second on keeping frost breath from hitting the party. If necessary, you can tank him at the edge of the platform, as shuffling the party around the boss in the center makes it very likely that someone will get caught in the tornadoes or breath.
- DPS and the healer need to focus first on avoiding the tornadoes, second on staying out of his face, and last on aligning themselves with the wind. The tank cannot always put Altairus in a position that makes it easy to get the upwind buff. Do not chase the wind if it requires you to get in the boss's face or run through a lot of tornadoes. The wind will shift soon anyway, and this is more of a survival test than a DPS race.
|Spirit leather shoulders|
|Strength one-hand axe|
|DPS strength ring|
- Altair means the flying one or bird of prey in Arabic. As many gamers can likely recall, this is also the first name of the main charater in Assassin's Creed.
- Coincidently, Altairus is pointing north, and since he drops Reins of the Drake of the North Wind, this is probably intentional.
- Canthus and Cause and Effect vs Altairus (5 man normal) Shattered Halls Eu
- How To: Altairus - Vortex Pinnacle Heroic
- How To: Altairus - Heroic Vortex Pinnacle - Second Boss
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Altairus now spawns closer to the center of his platform, away from the edge.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.